Here at ABCA Systems we don’t only provide and install automated electric driveway gates, but we also provide top quality gate aftercare and maintenance. This blog will provide you with tips on how you can best maintain your electric driveway gate. Typically, your automated electric driveway gate will not require much maintenance, but here are some top tips to lengthen the lifespan of your driveway gate.
We wish to firstly to state that you should NOT use WD-40 to lubricate your automated electric driveway gate, as it may be ok for smaller jobs, however an electric driveway gate needs a more specific spray on its hinges. We’d recommend using something like a sprayable liquid wrench: white lithium grease would be more than sufficient. Now you're educated on that, here's 5 more tips of how to best maintain your driveway electric gate.
1. Firstly, every 2-3 months you should be conducting a proper maintenance check. This would consist of removing any debris from where your gate functions, applying the correct spray to your electric driveway gate’s hinges, chains and wheels. It’s worth ensuring these are fully lubricated to allow your driveway gate to function in the correct manner. In most cases your automated gate will have an opening created to allow you to lubricate its hinges easily.
2. You should perform checks on the functionality of your automated electric driveway gate’s control box. This is where the control panel is and all that’s needed to check is just testing how your gate opens and shuts to ensure the locking system is fully functional. This is to ensure your driveway gate is secure and provides the safety that is required to protect intruders from coming into your home, protecting your property and its content.
3. A large factor of purchasing an automated electric driveway gate is to improve the appearance of a property. Therefore, it’s recommended to frequently clean your driveway gate to ensure your gate is looking the part on a daily basis. Tools such as power hoses can be a fantastic addition to your gate cleaning arsenal and can make the job a lot easier, whilst providing excellent results! Do be careful not to have the water pressure to high when at close range, as this can defect the paint or look of your automated electric driveway gate.
4. One form of driveway gate maintenance is a repainting job. This is one of the least frequent measures of your automated driveway gate maintenance and should only really be done if you’re unhappy with an aged paint job. This is something that can totally revamp an ageing or poorly maintained gate and can make your driveway gate look as good as new.
5. There are some maintenance issues that may occur, and you can’t fix it by yourself. Your automated driveway gate should never need this, however if it is required then you must get an expert team to perform this. This is a much cheaper alternative than purchasing a new driveway gate, as one of our experts can come and fix the gate and will update you with new founded electric driveway gate maintenance techniques.If you have any queries on automated driveway gate maintenance, please don’t hesitate to call us on 0333 305 0142, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help you over the phone or via email and help eliminate your gate maintenance costs.