Security Solution Case Study
Maxxess and ABCA deliver unified security solution to safeguard students at Spring Mews
Spring Mews is a prestigious £50 million development in Vauxhall, London with dual use as a 400-bedroom student residence and 93-bedroom hotel. To secure the entire site with a multi-disciplinary mix of access and surveillance technologies, the developer chose a Maxxess eFusion security management solution. Expertly implemented by leading UK systems integration specialist ABCA Systems, the solution has delivered maximum functionality at a fraction of the cost of a conventional PSIM
Spring Mews, developed by CLS Holdings plc in partnership with Fresh Student Living and Staybridge Suites, provides upmarket accommodation for hundreds of students and hotel guests. The developer sought to integrate advanced keyless access control and surveillance onto a single platform from which to run two separate systems – one each for the student residence and hotel.
Make an Enquiry
Please fill out this form if you have any questions about ABCA Systems or our products and services. We will get back in touch with you shortly.
– Simple, fast installation within demanding construction timescales.
– Integrated control of all access, surveillance and fire detection.
– Maximum flexibility, ease of use and a single situational view.
– Use of RFID escutcheons for doors to minimise cabling.
– Ability to easily track and replace key cards in use.
– Remote management across the site from a central location.
– Simple, intuitive programming.
– Low operating and maintenance costs.
– Future-proofing, scalability and easy upgrade paths.
The ABCA / Maxxess eFusion solution
To create one common view via a user-friendly front end, Maxxess and ABCA designed a state-of-the-art solution to unify all security systems and devices onto the innovative eFusion platform. eFusion is a modular system built on universal, open technology software, that enables off-the-shelf integration, plus extensive customisation possibilities, unlimited functionality and future expandability. This next generation approach to security gave the developer everything required, with the freedom to mix and match best-in-class equipment from different manufacturers.
– SALTO AElement access control across 640 readers.
– Honeywell Galaxy intruder detection.
– 256 Axis IP full-HD cameras.
– Wavestore video surveillance recording platform.
Integration of these technologies into the eFusion platform by ABCA Systems, made it easy for the responsible building managers of the student accommodation and hotel to:
– Manage individual room access privileges.
– Arrange instant room moves, extended stays, card cancellation, intrusion alarms, remote opening, meeting room activation, low battery reporting and more.
– Gather real-time audit trail data from every door.
– Programme multiple camera views, settings and protocols.
– Allow smartphones to be used as room keys via near field communications.
By running all the security equipment over the IP network, eFusion delivers all the functionality required at a dramatically lower cost of ownership than with a conventional physical security information management (PSIM) solution. Additionally, Maxxess provides simple, transparent pricing and no annual license charges. Operating overhead is minimised with no unexpected costs or recurring integration fees.
Unified security and access control enabled by ABCA Systems and eFusion gives hundreds of students and hotel guests the peace of mind that their safety at Spring Mews is assured 24/7, plus they have all the convenience of keyless access throughout the building. Designed to maximise flexibility, ease of use and quality assurance, the eFusion security solution delivers multiple benefits:
– Unified management of all system alerts and alarms.
– Instant visual verification of alerts via HD video to respond quickly to events.
– Streamlined operations with step-by-step standard security procedures.
– Optimised resilience and efficiency.
– Compatibility with leading hardware and IP networks
– Major savings and low total cost of ownership
– Off-the-shelf functionality and interoperability
– Compliance with regulatory standards
– Unlimited scope to upgrade and scale as needs change.
To learn more about how eFusion can empower your organisation to transform security, call ABCA Systems today or email firstname.lastname@example.org